You often wonder what exactly is wrong with your phone whenever it gets hot. You wonder if it’s a phone issue, a battery problem, or just a sign that you need to get a new device. The truth is, there are certain things that can cause that and there are things that can be done to prevent your phone from steaming up.
Here are some of the major reasons your phone gets really hot and what you can do about it.
- Out-dated Operating System:- This is one of the major reasons why your device over heats so much. Assuming the mobile is running an Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich operating system in 2017; where we have phones running on a 7.1 Nougat operating systems and applications such as Snapchat, WhatsApp among others are issuing app updates all the time. With such extra features, you are likely to experience your device getting hot once in while when you run the application . You should also know that some apps have been developed or updated to run on the latest operating system.
- Several Background Apps:- Another major problem with devices in this time and age is that we tend to install any app that is said to be a trending, in the process, we find our devices filled with several unused apps. From personal interactions with different individuals, we have come to understand that out of all the number of apps we install on our phones, we only use a handful of these installed on our phones, we only use a handful of these installed apps leaving the rest accumulating space and background data on the phone. Ever wondered why your device memory gets filled up and gets hot unusually? Well, most people do a quick restart and it helps to a point, but the best advice would be to delete/uninstall any unwanted app to save both space and increase processing speed.
- Excessive Gaming:- For people who are into gaming, games are known to relieve and take out tension; however, there are certain games that require a certain type of processing speed, RAM size among other requirements. If your phone is short in one of the required criteria for the game, it would lead to lags and change in your phone temperature as the phone would work overtime to enable the app run smoothly hence causing the device to heat up.
- Network(Data) Signal Range:- This mostly happens when we are trying to stream videos live or when we are on social media apps; what we do not know is that the nework coverage could be low and the phone will have to automatically search for network. Such cases happen mostly in phones that switch from 2G to 3G and 4G, in the cause of this switching there is a very high chance your phone might get hot from the background activity. The best advice would be to set your phone’s network to a particular connection or move to a place where you’ll get good network coverage.
- Sunlight:- Being in a place where it is hot or sunny isn’t an ideal place to keep your phone, especially if it’s directly facing the sun. This situation is regularly seen with people in a car, exposing your device to sunlight is a very bad idea as it does not only make the phone hot it tends to damage the screen, battery, and the phone generally.
Have you been hit by your smartphone getting too hot and slowing, or worse, shutting down? If so, try the following steps to cool your phone down again:
- Remove the phone’s case
- Switch on airplane mode to disable all connectivity
- Move it from direct sunlight
- Direct a fan at your phone (but don’t put it in a fridge, freezer, or cooler)
- Reduce the display brightness
Once you’ve done this, try the following to avoid further overheats:
- Use Battery Saver mode
- Clean up your phone to remove junk files
- Reduce Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS use unless needed
Not only should your phone stop overheating again, but the battery should last longer! .